Did you know, the historic High Court building is 100 years old?
Assembled with Red & White stones, it took 4 years (15th of April 1915 to 31st of March 1919) for its accomplishment and was inaugurated on 20th of April, 1920 by the seventh & last Nizam of Hyderabad, H.E.H. Mir Osman Ali Khan.
The plan was drawn up by Shankar Lal of Jaipur, the chief engineer was Nawab Khan Bahadur Mirza Akbar Baig and the execution of design by Mehar Ali Fazil, a local engineer.
According to history, the High Court’s foundation-laying stage unexpectedly unearthed the ruins of the palaces Hina Mahal and Nadi Mahal (both of the Qutb Shahi dynasty).
In the year 1944, an impeccably carved model of the High Court composed of silver weighing 300 kgs., with a silver key was presented to the seventh Nizam, H.E.H. Mir Osman Ali Khan by the Judiciary on the occasion of Silver Jubilee Celebrations of the High Court.
The silver model of the High Court is now in the Nizam’s Museum, Purani Haveli, Hyderabad.
Surpassing a century, the historic building still stands strong and healthy giving the city pleasure in a shape of State Judicial High Court for Telangana State & Andhra Pradesh as well as a national heritage.