Covid-19 is an infectious disease originated in Wuhan, China. The first case of this disease was detected in December 2019. This disease has caused a great loss to humanity. The first time, we all come across the Lockdown.
Worldwide till date, almost 408K deaths are recorded due to this disease and no one knows its end. This epidemic situation is threatening in all aspects such as physically, mentally and financially. Life is unpredictable but the rays of hope will come soon and we will live this journey without the fear of Corona. But this time demands proper mental care. Over 300 suicide cases are recorded in India during this lockdown period. A little shift in thinking pattern can keep us stress-free. Here, I am writing some techniques for our mental health care because the mind is the driver of the whole body.
- Listen a Motivational Talk Daily: Meal provides energy to our body, but we are not satisfying the hunger of our soul. The soul needs Love, laughter, appreciation and gratitude. Listening at least one motivational talk daily, it will help to boost the soul. In today’s world, we should learn some tricks from motivators or monks to make our life peaceful.
- Daily write Journal: Always try to write something in your journal daily. It will be the best analysis of your day. Before writing, choose a relaxing place then close your eyes and start asking some questions to yourself such as “what was today’s experiences? Are you excited about anything? What did you learn today?” This small habit will contribute to your success.
- Do at least one new thing daily: Most of us are following the same routine from last many years. So, to see some beautiful changes in your life, it’s important to do at least one new thing daily. In this Covid-19 situation, find your creativities and start working on them.
- Do Yoga (or any other workout): Self-care is very important either physically or mentally. The current situation demands great self-care: washing hands, sanitizations are the various prevention measures. But to fight with other crises arises due to this situation need great self-care. So, please introduce yoga (exercise, aerobic etc) and meditation in your daily routine.
- Count at least 5 blessings: To show faith in Almighty, it’s important to be aware of the endless blessings, He showers on us. So, try to find and count your blessings and in return show your gratitude to Him.
I am completing this article with Swami Vivekananda’s word, “We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care of what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far”.